Feb 26, 2007

Brooke's Nanny Day


Monday is usually Brooke's Nanny Day and since there was no Wee School today we had the whole day together. After breakfast at Friend's Restaurant we came home and she watched some "Kid's TV" and had lunch. After lunch we played school, and she let me be the teacher (usually she wants this position). When she was spelling some words in her workbook and would get a few letters mixed up, I told her you dot the "i" and cross the "t's". She then started pointing to her "eye" everytime she'd come to an "i". After play school and a snack she was on the computer watching a Dora Movie while I had my tea and watched a little bit of Dr. Phil. I came into the computer room to check on her and she was among the missing. I looked everywhere for her, upstairs, sunroom, I checked the back door and it was still locked, in closets, etc. I was starting to get worried when I couldn't find her anywhere so I mentioned food, and then I heard a little voice. Brooke had crawled under the bed in the downstairs spare room and was hiding. Well, "I wonder where she learned to play a prank like this?" . . . . Lauryn & Meagan had dance lessons in St. Stephen this evening. Brooke was looking forward to Caitlyn coming over to play with her while the older girls were gone.

I was on line earlier checking the weather in Punta Cana, in the Dominican Republic. Temperatures ranging from high's of 86, and lows of 74, WOW! Six more sleeps and winter will turn into summer. Some of us are very excited about our upcoming vacation. I spent a big part of this evening ironing short sleeved shirts for my husband while previewing a movie. I picked up my sewing from Sa this evening, and as usual she did an excellent job. I found a nice lime green dress on line at JC Penney's to wear to the upcoming Beach wedding. Somehow, the mother of the bride went to Bangor and bought the same dress in another color. Our seamstress Sa was the one that broke the news to us. We got a chuckle out of it and both still plan to wear our dress.

Lauryn and Brooke are excited about their upcoming trip to Florida. I think the idea of being with Grandma, Grandpa and Uncle Terry is a big part of their excitement. They leave the day we come back, so it will be a long stretch for us.

It was good to see Wilma and Kelly at church on Sunday and then again this morning at breakfast. They were home for almost a week and were supposed to fly out this morning but their flight was cancelled until tomorrow. I attached our new website at the church as a link to my blog. Chris is doing a fantastic job with it, but it is not completed yet. Well, it's getting very late so I think I'll close for tonight.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Look at you! Blogging away like a pro. Yay!

Silly Brooke, hiding under beds - although, those are good beds to hide under.